Policy Interpretation of the Hainan International Science and Technology Cooperation Base
"The Hainan International Science and Technology Cooperation Base" (hereinafter referred to as "the Provincial Base for International Science and Technology Cooperation") includes four types:
1.The International Science and Technology Innovation Park,
2.International Joint Research Centre,
3.International Technology Transfer Centre, and
4.The Talent Attraction Demonstration Base.
Applicants for inclusion in the Provincial Base for International Science and Technology Cooperation should meet the following conditions:
(1) Be an independent legal entity registered in Hainan Province.
(2) The independent legal entity should have a stable foundation for international cooperation with foreign entities, and both cooperating parties should have clear goals and mechanisms for the development of international scientific and technological innovation cooperation.
(3) Both cooperating parties should strictly abide by China's regulations on scientific and technological confidentiality.
Applicants for the International Science and Technology Innovation Park should meet the following conditions:
(1) They should have various functions and conditions such as technology R&D, enterprise incubation, talent introduction, and technology industrialization, with the goal of promoting international cooperation between industry, academia, and research. It should be an important platform for gathering international scientific and technological resources in a particular field or region.
(2) It should have at least eight high-tech or innovative companies, three provincial-level or higher innovation platforms, and two or more overseas research institutions or teams.
(3) It should establish long-term stable cooperation with foreign governments, well-known companies, research institutions, international organisations, etc., and its international scientific and technological cooperation should align with the development direction of key industries in Hainan Free Trade Port and have good leading and radiating effects.
(4) It should be able to effectively promote industry-academia-research cooperation and achieve significant results in improving scientific and technological innovation capabilities, cultivating new economic growth points, and promoting industrial structure upgrading.
To submit an application or proposal to establish an International Joint Research Centre within the Provincial International Science and Technology Cooperation Base, the following conditions must be met:
(1) Possess strong R&D capabilities in cutting-edge technology or basic research fields, and have the conditions, abilities, talents, and experience to conduct high-level cooperative research and development with foreign entities.
(2) Have undertaken international science and technology cooperation projects at or above the provincial level and developed two or more new technologies or products through joint research.
(3) Have at least one provincial-level key laboratory, academician workstation, or other provincial-level science and technology innovation platform.
(4) Have a good foundation for international science and technology cooperation and have established long-term cooperative partnerships with world-renowned research institutes, universities, enterprises, and other organisations to conduct substantive joint research.
To submit an application or proposal to establish an International Joint Research Centre in the Provincial International Science and Technology Cooperation Base, the following conditions must be met:
(1) Have broad and relatively stable channels for international science and technology innovation cooperation, relatively complete service support conditions, and the ability and successful experience in providing international technology transfer services.
(2) Have a specialised international technology transfer service team, with the ability to provide intermediary services such as international technology and talent search, introduction, recommendation and evaluation.
(3) Have achieved good results in technology introduction, incubation, digestion and absorption, technology output, as well as the introduction of international talents and innovation teams, landing of overseas research and development institutions, and co-building of overseas innovation carriers for various types of institutions.
(4) Transfer and transform Hainan Province's scientific research achievements overseas or successfully transferred technology from overseas to Hainan Province's enterprises for a total of 3 items or more.
The conditions for applying for the demonstration base for talent introduction are as follows:
(1) Establish a normalised mechanism for talent introduction, attract foreign talents and intelligence outside of the industry (profession), form new products, new technologies, new processes, or advanced experiences, and form a replicable and promotable work mode or advanced experience in the innovation of talent introduction mechanism in Hainan Province.
(2) Engage in industries and major research directions that meet one of the following:
1.Progress should be made in basic and applied research, and key technology research and development through the introduction of foreign strategic scientific and technological talents, scientific and technological leaders, and high-level innovation teams, around the major scientific and technological development plan of Hainan Province. In principle, at least 10 foreign high-end talents should be hired or introduced each year.
2.Progress is made in technology research and development, process improvement, and management optimization through the introduction of foreign high-level technical and management talents, around the key industries in Hainan Province. In principle, at least 10 foreign high-end talents or foreign professional talents are hired or introduced each year.
3.Achievements are made in social development fields such as science and technology, culture, ecological environment, medical health, and urban construction through the introduction of various types of foreign high-level talents, around the social governance and ecological civilization planning and construction of Hainan Province. In principle, at least 10 foreign high-end talents or foreign professional talents are hired or introduced each year.
4.Results are achieved in agricultural development, rural construction, increase in farmers' income, and rural revitalization through the introduction of foreign high-end and scarce agricultural talents, around the agricultural and rural development plan of Hainan Province. In principle, at least 10 foreign high-end talents or foreign professional talents are hired or introduced each year.
5.Through the introduction of foreign innovative and entrepreneurial talents or the establishment of incubation and training methods for foreign talents, a leading area for foreign talents to work and manage services in Hainan is created, and international constructions such as promoting the integration of foreign talents into the local area, settling down and living well, and helping to build an innovative and entrepreneurial gathering area for foreign talents have achieved results around the international science and technology cooperation plan of Hainan Province. In principle, the number of participants in various training and networking activities held each year shall not be less than 100.
The provincial international science and technology cooperation base implements an annual assessment and a three-year regular evaluation system, dynamically manages, and eliminates the underperforming. The assessment method combines material review and on-site inspection, and the assessment results are divided into excellent, good, qualified, and unqualified.
Project funds are mainly provided through post-subsidy support.
(1) For the province's demonstration bases that receive an excellent annual assessment, they will be granted up to 400,000 yuan per base in operational funds. For the province's demonstration bases that receive a good annual assessment, they will be granted up to 200,000 yuan per base in operational funds.
(2) For the province's demonstration bases that receive an excellent regular evaluation, they will be granted up to 500,000 yuan per base in operational funds. For the province's demonstration bases that receive a good regular evaluation, they will be granted up to 300,000 yuan per base in operational funds.
“海南省国际科技合作基地” （以下简称“省国合基地” ）包括国际科技创新园、国际联合研究中心、国际技术转移中心、引才引智示范基地四种类型。
（三）与国外政府、 国（境）外知名企业、研发机构、 国际组织等建立长期稳定的合作关系，所开展的国际科技合作符合海南自贸港重点产业发展方向， 并具有较好的引领和辐射作用。
（一）在前沿技术或基础研究领域具有较强研发实力， 有与国（境）外开展高水平合作研发的条件、 能力、人才和经验。
（四）有较好的国际科技合作基础， 与世界知名科研院所、高等院校、企业等建立长期合作伙伴关系， 已经开展了实质性的联合研发工作。
（二）具有专业化的国际技术转移服务团队， 有能力提供技术、人才国际寻访、 引入、推荐测评等中介服务。
3.围绕我省社会治理与生态文明规划建设， 通过引进外国各类高层次人才，在科技、文化、生态环境、 医疗健康和城市建设等社会发展领域取得成绩的。原则上每年聘请或引进外国高端人才或外国专业人才不少于10人次。
4.围绕我省农业农村发展规划， 通过引进外国高端紧缺农业人才，在农业发展、农村建设、农民增收、 乡村振兴等方面取得成果的。原则上每年聘请或引进外国高端人才或外国专业人才不少于10人次。